[DISCUSSION] Object Relational Mapping (ORM) - faulting/collections

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 14 09:46:08 CDT 2007

On 14/10/07 3:07 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

>>> As far as I see, all non-keyed collection type can be modelled, if we
>>> have just one collection type, adhering to the following criterias:
>>>
>>> 1. Must be an ordered (not sorted) collection.
>>> 2. Elements must not be restricted to a certain type.
>>> 3. Offering the following functions (ObjC notation):
>>> 1. -count
>>> 2. -objectAtIndex:
>>> 3. -removeObjectAtIndex:
>>> 4. -insertObject:atIndex:
>>
>> Well, please look also on one more DRAFT FEATURE --
>>     BinaryLinks with ORDER.
>>
>> On this page:
>>
>> http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
>> id=paradigma:public:en:documen
>> tation:vsql:reference:reference
>>

>> This is low-level structure, which looks be much more effective to
>> save
>> pairs (RecID1, RecID2) in ordered way.
>>
>> I think it will be interesting for you.
>
> Can every element in this array point to another table? I mean, can I do
>
> INSERT INTO LINK link_name(TA,TB) VALUES (recidA1) TO (recidB) <FIRST|
> LAST>
> INSERT INTO LINK link_name(TA,TC) VALUES (recidA2) TO (recidC) <FIRST|
> LAST>
> INSERT INTO LINK link_name(TA,TD) VALUES (recidA3) TO (recidD) <FIRST|
> LAST>

Wait.

You have TWO tables TA and TB.

BinaryLink WITH ORDER stored poairs of RecIDs of these 2 tables.
    nothing more.

It not stores OID...

It seems you ask me if its psosibe to have such BinaryLink based on OIDs.
Technically yes. But if it have sense? I have not think about this way yet.