[DISCUSSION] Object Relational Mapping (ORM) - faulting/collections

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 14 06:42:30 CDT 2007

On 14/10/07 2:26 AM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,

>> Yes of course :)
>>
>> Otherwise why we write this docs?
>
> :-)   Nice to hear.
>

>> Note, this was first draft, I see a lots of other improvements to
>> that.
>> Also for now they just talk about ARRAY, but it needs built and
>> develop the
>> fine model of collections for Valentina Database Model.
>>
>> I will be happy to get any ideas and feature requests to this area.
>
> As far as I see, all non-keyed collection type can be modelled, if we
> have just one collection type, adhering to the following criterias:
>
> 1. Must be an ordered (not sorted) collection.
> 2. Elements must not be restricted to a certain type.
> 3. Offering the following functions (ObjC notation):
> 1. -count
> 2. -objectAtIndex:
> 3. -removeObjectAtIndex:
> 4. -insertObject:atIndex:

Well, please look also on one more DRAFT FEATURE --
    BinaryLinks with ORDER.

On this page:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vsql:reference:reference

This is low-level structure, which looks be much more effective to save
pairs (RecID1, RecID2) in ordered way.

I think it will be interesting for you.

But of course it needs develop some COMPLETE model of Collections for
Valentina