[DISCUSSION] Object Relational Mapping (ORM) - faulting/collections

Philip Mötteli philip.moetteli at econophone.ch
Sat Oct 13 18:26:29 CDT 2007

Am 12.10.2007 um 19:33 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

>>> Yes it is. But only docs of dream :)
>>
>> Ouhhps. That's not good. Are there any plans to realise this dream?
>
> Yes of course :)
>
> Otherwise why we write this docs?

:-)   Nice to hear.

> Note, this was first draft, I see a lots of other improvements to
> that.
> Also for now they just talk about ARRAY, but it needs built and
> develop the
> fine model of collections for Valentina Database Model.
>
> I will be happy to get any ideas and feature requests to this area.

As far as I see, all non-keyed collection type can be modelled, if we
have just one collection type, adhering to the following criterias:

1. Must be an ordered (not sorted) collection.
2. Elements must not be restricted to a certain type.
3. Offering the following functions (ObjC notation):
	1. -count
	2. -objectAtIndex:
	3. -removeObjectAtIndex:
	4. -insertObject:atIndex: