ORM Framework

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 1 12:41:30 CDT 2007

On 1/10/07 8:28 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> up to now I have muddled along with the interface of my RB
> application. But the code gets worse and worse. Therefore, my code
> needs a nice refactoring. I thought about the following alternatives:
>
> - Expand the binding framework. Looks nice and simple at first
> glance. Has the drawback that it uses bindings, which the nice people
> at Real have decided to eliminate. Will the binding framework be
> updated? How would I do this myself?

You self can improve framework of course. It is open source.
If you want contribute that to us - than you :-)

But problem is that they have DROP binding.
IMHO very stupid. There was working feature...
May be they can change yet mind

And without this feature in RB this framework dies.
We have born it only to support this RB feature.

> - I know about two existing ORM frameworks. Thorsten: what is yours
> doing? Is it now ready for prime time? If not, when will this be the
> case?

As I know Thorsten have decide trash REALbasic as development tool.

> - How do I go about writing my own ORM framework? Can I simply take
> one and translate it to Realbasic? So far I only read about those and
> never used a framework, so I don't know a good and not too
> complicated one.

IMHO very complex task!