ORM Framework

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Mon Oct 1 12:28:25 CDT 2007

Hello everybody,

up to now I have muddled along with the interface of my RB
application. But the code gets worse and worse. Therefore, my code
needs a nice refactoring. I thought about the following alternatives:

- Expand the binding framework. Looks nice and simple at first
glance. Has the drawback that it uses bindings, which the nice people
at Real have decided to eliminate. Will the binding framework be
updated? How would I do this myself?
- I know about two existing ORM frameworks. Thorsten: what is yours
doing? Is it now ready for prime time? If not, when will this be the
case?
- How do I go about writing my own ORM framework? Can I simply take
one and translate it to Realbasic? So far I only read about those and
never used a framework, so I don't know a good and not too
complicated one.

This is something I have thought about a longer time, but now it's
really time to do something to my code. Any help will be appreciated.

Using Realbasic 2007R3 on Mac and Windows.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.