Schema backwards compatibility

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:50:28 CDT 2007

Hi Jon,

If you can spare the time, I would appreciate some more info on this.
I must confess , I reread your question and still I haven't a clue
what you are talking about

> Remember, I mentioned that my app uses the API way to creating a
> db. Perhaps you don't use this, but if you do the schema of the db
> you open must match the one defined in the db constructor.

Maybe I have a clue but my way of using the API might be different.

This is what I did

Make a new class based on VDatabase ValDB
in ValDB's constructor ---> call Super.VDatabase --for local dbs

Depending on what I need
then I call (no longer in the constructor) depending on situation
createdb & deploy  or just opendb

Now I'm guessing but maybe you have your "deploy statements" already
in the constructor of your class and "must" the schema you define in
your constructor match the db you are opening ?

Of course , not urgent, but really appreciated

Thx

Bart