Schema backwards compatibility

jda jda at his.com
Fri May 11 11:27:38 CDT 2007

>Maybe I totally misunderstood you, but then again its friday
>afternoon and I worked hard :-)

Yes, I'm afraid you have totally misunderstood me.

This has nothing to do with the schemaversion (which is just a
number). The actual schema has changed (more fields). Yet the older
version of Valentina, whose schema no longer matches the new one,
still opens the db without giving a VException. This has never worked
like this in the past.

Remember, I mentioned that my app uses the API way to creating a db.
Perhaps you don't use this, but if you do the schema of the db you
open must match the one defined in the db constructor.

Ruslan, can you comment?

Jon