Keep on "destroying"

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:46:06 CDT 2007

Hi Thorsten,

I started from the other side (V4RB)

Can you see what is wrong with this code

Function DeployCCS() As Boolean

   Dim aTable As VTable
   Dim s As String
   Dim boolSucces As Boolean
   Dim VarCharField As VVarChar
   Dim PtrField As VObjectPtr
   Dim BoolField As VBoolean
   Dim DateTimeField As VDateTime
   Dim BlobField As VBLOB
   Dim DateField As VDate
   Dim TextField As VText
   Dim IntField As VMedium
   Dim aBinaryLink As VBinaryLink

   Dim f As FolderItem
   Dim myDB As VDatabase

   Try

     Valentina.Init("")---> edited for mail
     f = GetSaveFolderItem("","CSB.vdb")
     myDB = new VDatabase
     myDB.Create(f)

     //custom_lists

     aTable = myDB.CreateTable("custom_lists",EVTableKind.kTblPermanent)
     VarCharField = aTable.CreateVarCharField("internal_name",
100,EVFlag.fUnique)
     VarCharField = aTable.CreateVarCharField("displayname",
100,EVFlag.fNullable)
     myDB.Flush
     myDB.Close

//here a bunch of table defs has been cut, still the same problem

     Valentina.ShutDown()
     boolSucces = True

   Catch Err as VException
     MsgBox("Error in Deploy" + Err.Message)
     'FatalError = True
     boolSucces = False
   end Try

   Return boolSucces
End Function

I narrowed the problem down to this code.

Empty project just on button on a window to call DeployCCS.

The 4 files are generated, I can load them in the server ( the name
does not show in the schema) I restart the server and the db is NOT
loaded

Do you see anything wrong in my code ?

TIA

Bart