Keep on "destroying"

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Wed May 9 16:08:08 CDT 2007

Hi Bart,

I must admit, I never has done this in one of my commercial apps, but
I try to help, as much as I can

On 2007-05-09, at 22:46, Bart Pietercil wrote:

> I started from the other side (V4RB)
>
> Can you see what is wrong with this code
>
> Function DeployCCS() As Boolean

>   Try
>

>     Valentina.Init("")---> edited for mail
>     f = GetSaveFolderItem("","CSB.vdb")

is this a typo in the sample, or do you use another name here?

Second in your other mail you mixed CSS and css for the database, it
might be an issue to mix upper and lower case?!?!

>     aTable = myDB.CreateTable
> ("custom_lists",EVTableKind.kTblPermanent)
>     VarCharField = aTable.CreateVarCharField("internal_name",
> 100,EVFlag.fUnique)
>     VarCharField = aTable.CreateVarCharField("displayname",
> 100,EVFlag.fNullable)
>     myDB.Flush
>     myDB.Close

looks reasonable

> //here a bunch of table defs has been cut, still the same problem

but you close the db before adding other tables?

> I narrowed the problem down to this code.
I think it must really NOT be related to the generation code, if
you're able to load the file locally

> The 4 files are generated, I can load them in the server ( the name
> does not show in the schema) I restart the server and the db is NOT
> loaded

Do you use VStudio to do the taks? Then you don't need to restart the
server, you only need to re-open VStudio

> Do you see anything wrong in my code ?

No, but if you want, send me your project I'll check it here, perhaps
something other went wrong

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--