Will Valentina work with REALbasic 2007 r2 STANDARD Edition?

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Mon May 7 04:19:19 CDT 2007

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:v4rb:manual:installation:installation>

Too much muckin about trying to get my point across.

Finally got it to work - 120 chrs win an embedded space somewhere - jeez!

-----
Who can follow this?
It needs a step by step pdf with snapshots.  Or a video.

Valentina for REALbasic Installation
To install Valentina for REALbasic, run the installer. The installer will
ask you to point to the plugin folder of your REALbasic installation.

Mac OS
V4RB Universal Binary
Installer of V4RB UB installs on your computer:

The V4RB_2 folder into the "HOME/Paradigma Software/V4RB_2" folder. The
V4RB_2 folder contains the V4RB plugin itself and the Examples folder. You
must copy V4RB.rbx plugin into the REALbasic/plugins folder.
The VComponents folder into "/usr/local/lib/VComponents". The VComponents
folder contains several DLLs; also see the detailed description of
VComponents folder.
V4RB (PEF)
Installer of V4RB (PEF) installs on your computer:

The V4RB_2 folder into the REALbasic:plugins folder. The V4RB_2 folder
contains the V4RB plugin itself and the Examples folder.
The VComponents folder into "/Library/CFMSupport". The VComponents folder
contains several DLLs; also see the detailed description of VComponents
folder.
Windows
The Installer for Windows installs on your computer:

The V4RB_2 folder into the REALbasic:plugins folder. This folder contains
the V4RB plugin itself and the folder Examples.
The VComponents folder into "/Program Files/Paradigma
Software/VComponents_win_cw". The VComponents folder contains several DLLs;
also see the detailed description of VComponents folder.
Append to the system variable PATH the path to VComponents folder, so
Windows can find and load DLLs.
Uninstall
There is no default uninstaller, so you need to manually delete the
installed folders.

Run REALbasic with Valentina
After installation you can start REALbasic.

If you are working with REALbasic PRO, you can see 2 new items in the menu
"File / Add Data Sources":

New Valentina ...
Select Valentina ... which allow you work with V4RB in RBDB way. Read
REALBasic manuals about RBDB usage.

Also, V4RB adds to REALbasic a set of classes and enumarated types. All
Valentina classes start with letter "V". All enumarated types start with
"EV", which is a shortcut for "Enum of Valentina".

You can type for example 2 letters "va" and get from REALbasic
auto-completion of the word "Valentina". You can use this tip for a fast
check if REALbasic has recognised the V4RB plugin on start.

Usage with REALbasic Standard
If you use REALbasic Standard, you will need to disable the RBDB features of
V4RB because RB Standard does not allow to use them.

To do this, just create a file with the name "DisableRBDB" in the plugins
folder of REALbasic. In this case, the items in the menu "Add Data Sources"
will not present and you will only be able to use the classes of V4RB.

Attention Starting with 2.5.6 release this is changed. Now you need to drop
this file on MacOS into the "REALbasic.app/Contents/MacOS" folder, on
Windows into the folder where is REALbasic.exe. Also note, that on windows
you may need at first start REALbasic then open a project so working
directory will be the REALbasic.exe folder.

-----