Clarification on upgrades

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed May 2 09:21:17 CDT 2007

>  > Just thinking ahead :)
>
>There is no such option.
>
>Well, if 4.0.1 comes next week, then will NOT be big number of expired
>serials.
>
>Robert, the whole idea is changed.
>
>*** It was as  at date XXXX company ship 3.0 version and comes wave of
>upgrades.
>
>*** now it is kind of subscription service.
>     you purchase "service" of free upgrades during a year.
>     next year if you want you need upgrade service.
>     like magazines...

What I wrote applies exactly and specifically to your new
subscription model. I have been using a few different products on
subscription basis, so I know from experience that sooner or later
you will need it.

Whether you actually use it or not in the future is not relevant, but
take my advice and include this (internal) feature from beginning.

You cheat yourself if you think the things will work as simply as you
describe. Software subscription is not like magazines.

Robert