Clarification on upgrades

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 2 08:52:21 CDT 2007

On 2/5/07 3:38 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> Just serial now has encoded Name of user, and date when serial was
>> generated.
>>
>> Assume at 1 Nov 2007 we ship Valentina 4.0, everybody who have serials
>> produced
>>        from 1 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007
>>
>> can use 4.0 because engine will accept it.
>
> Just for curiosity, have you pre-programmed an option for you to
> allow free bug releases for expired licenses?
>
> For example, a serious flaw is found in 4.0 and you release 4.0.1 but
> because of the timing, a large number of users affected have expired
> licenses or you decide the fix is so important that it should be
> available to all 4.0 users.
>
> To accommodate this, you need to have an option coded for Valentina
> 4.0.1 to recognize the serials applicable for 4.0 AND 4.0.1.
>
> You will also need this when you deliver on the promise of supporting
> the previous branch with bug fixes.
>
> Just thinking ahead :)

There is no such option.

Well, if 4.0.1 comes next week, then will NOT be big number of expired
serials.

Robert, the whole idea is changed.

*** It was as  at date XXXX company ship 3.0 version and comes wave of
upgrades.

*** now it is kind of subscription service.
    you purchase "service" of free upgrades during a year.
    next year if you want you need upgrade service.
    like magazines...