Clarification on upgrades

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed May 2 01:37:01 CDT 2007

Hi Bill,

> I need a clarification. I have a license to use Valentina on
> Mac and Windows apps. These are stand-alone apps and not
> server based. Do I need to buy a new license to run 2.5.10?
> Will I need to renew the license every year as long as I use 2.5.10?
>
> Ruslan has always been very generous on upgrade fees, and
> very good on providing fixes. I have no trouble moving to a
> different payment system for 3.0. And I will buy a yearly
> license to keep using 3.0.
>
> However, shouldn't 2.5.10, because it is a bug fix with no
> new features, be released in the same way as 2.5? Is it?

Last week I sent out a message on about that and received some feedback from
others.

The plan is to serialize 2.5.10 the same way we serialize 3.0, so as long as
your Valentina plan is in good standing you'll have access to both. If we
differentiate 2.5.10+ as something separate and free, its more likely not to
get updated and get cut before many customers are really wanting to
transition to 3.0. Adaquately funding 2.5.10 fixes means resources can be
allocated for improving 2.5.X for some time to come.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software