Clarification on upgrades

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed May 2 07:38:31 CDT 2007

>Just serial now has encoded Name of user, and date when serial was
>generated.
>
>Assume at 1 Nov 2007 we ship Valentina 4.0, everybody who have serials
>produced
>        from 1 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007
>
>can use 4.0 because engine will accept it.

Just for curiosity, have you pre-programmed an option for you to
allow free bug releases for expired licenses?

For example, a serious flaw is found in 4.0 and you release 4.0.1 but
because of the timing, a large number of users affected have expired
licenses or you decide the fix is so important that it should be
available to all 4.0 users.

To accommodate this, you need to have an option coded for Valentina
4.0.1 to recognize the serials applicable for 4.0 AND 4.0.1.

You will also need this when you deliver on the promise of supporting
the previous branch with bug fixes.

Just thinking ahead :)

Robert