Clarification on upgrades

Bill Mounce BillMounce at Comcast.net
Wed May 2 02:14:21 CDT 2007

> The plan is to serialize 2.5.10 the same way we serialize 3.0, so
> as long as
> your Valentina plan is in good standing you'll have access to both.
> If we
> differentiate 2.5.10+ as something separate and free, its more
> likely not to
> get updated and get cut before many customers are really wanting to
> transition to 3.0. Adaquately funding 2.5.10 fixes means resources
> can be
> allocated for improving 2.5.X for some time to come.

Lynn,

I am sorry but I still do not understand the last sentence. Have you
not decided whether to release 2.5.10 as a free bug fix? My
understanding is that there are in reality very few fixes that were
needed, including mine.

Why can't you release 2.5.10 with all known bugs squashed, and call
it dead. If we want more features, then upgrade to 3.0.

Either way, anyone who relies on Valentina is going to upgrade I
would imagine. I will. When will the prices be set?

Bill