Status #2267 & #2268

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Sat Mar 31 05:32:42 CDT 2007

I understand it can take time, it's just when you are stuck at a point and
send in a reproducing test project it "helps" to hear "something" even if
it's not solution.

> ---
> BUT, Joakim, I very afraid that it is nature of Windows.

Well there is 2 issue here, the "delay" might be it although I belive not.
In such case it should have been there from beginning. Same with search case
issue, this can not be windows issue.

> And the only way for you is improve somehow query to reduce
> the number of found records.

I don't mind improve query if possible, but my "point" is that this issue
was not before and db structure, and data is same as when I set it up with
2.3 I think.

The most urgent is case issue as now it make this function in my app usless,
the delay is possible to live with (at least in beta) as it's 1 time only.

> * FindEndsWith()  this method MUST iterate each record of column.

Yes I understand, I also warn this setting can take very long time.
>     but it is possbile do
>
>     set1 = f1.FindValue( v1 )
>     set2 = f2.FindEndsWith( v2, set1 )      less records to iterate
>
> This is analog of
>
>     "f1 = v1" AND "f2 ends with v2"

Well this lead to different result, not what I intend.

Anyhow, I am waiting and try to do other things meanwhile, like cleaning my
office :-)

Regards,
Joakim