Date woes

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:51:45 CDT 2007

Hi,

in a table I have (among other fields) 2 datefields

datefield1  is set to a valid sqldate when inserting a new record
datefield2 is not touched and presumably defaults automatically
0000-00-00

The db is set to yyyymmdd

So far everything is as expected

However when I start retrieving values then this code gives
unexpected results:

         case EVFieldType.kTypeDate

           DateString = mCursor.Field(i).GetString ---> 0000-00-00
           aDate = mCursor.DateField(i).GetDate()--->0002-11-30

aDate is now 30/11/02

Why ?

I mean where does that value come from and how can I make the
distinction whether the date value is legitimate or the datevalue is
not a valid date ?

TIA

Bart Pietercil