Newbie

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 30 10:06:00 CDT 2007

On 30/3/07 2:07 PM, "Tony" <tony at credit-scoring.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Tony,

> Many thanks for your reply, Ruslan !
> Are there any examples written by delphi developers out there?

Unfortunately no.

> I have downloaded and installed VCOM. What do I do now?
> What are the vbp, vbw, frm, frx file extentions and how can run them?

You cannot use this examples in Delphi of course.
That are examples for VB6 or VB.NET

> Also, if we want to integrate and use your COM object in our software, what
> will be the resttictions on the licencing issue?

The same as for any Valentina ADK.
Please read EULA.txt of VCOM archive.

In short -> it is royalty free.

> Does the enduser also have to have a licence, or is purchasing the COM
> licence all that is required?

Let's clarify.

1) if you or your company develop MyApplication and sale 1000 copies to end
users, then answer is NO. they should not have anything. This is case of may
be 80% of cases.

2) IF some company A want develop MyApplication, and
    * make contract with you or your company as "contractor developer
    * company A get sources

    then YES company A should have license of ADK.
    and your company should have at least one license.
        in ideal developer-seats should be taken into account. :-)

3) if you think about client/server application you need take a look on VDN

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:licensi
ng:licensing