Field Types ?

bart.pietercil at gmail.com bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:04:37 CDT 2007

Hi List,

This query

SELECT recid,ass_title, assesment_date,is_finished FROM assesments WHERE
user_ptr =  ?

is_finished is defined as type boolean

builds a VCursors where I do this:

        case 2
          test = mCursor.Field(i).Type--> debugline
          aFieldName = mCursor.Field(i).Name--> debugline
          'test = EVFieldType.kTypeBoolean
          Select Case mCursor.Field(i).Type
          case EVFieldType.kTypeBoolean
            me.CellCheck(me.LastIndex,i-1) = mCursor.BooleanField(i).Value
          end Select
        end Select

This works as expected: is_finished is a boolean so working with
EVFieldType.kTypeBoolean should switch to the code I want

However:

This query

   "select recid, (assesment_ptr->ass_title) AS
'in_assessment',(assesment_ptr->assesment_date) AS 'assessment_date',
(assesment_ptr->is_finished) AS 'is_finished' " + _
  " FROM a_compcards where orig_compcard_recid = ?  AND
assesment_ptr->user_ptr = " _
   + CurrentUser.Value("recid").StringValue

runs through the same method and is_finished is the SAME field as in the
other query but does NOT trigger the codefragment because Field(i).Type now
is 10 instead of 2 (boolean)

Can anybody please explain what is going on.

TIA

Bart Pietercil