[DISCUSS] Missing basic features ? ROADMAP

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 21 08:08:44 CDT 2007

On 21/3/07 2:57 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

HI BART,

> when looking at the roadmap few items seem to be left out.
>
> My top is
>
> * transactions

See about Valentina 4.0

* and then all efforts will be directed to implementation of transactions,
    commit, rollback, auto-recover. Special timestamps fields,..
    ALL this should go into Valentina 4.0

> * Diagram editor

   Also we need yet:
         Diagram Editor - for visual creation of table and links.

> More stable version of VStudio (on OSX Intel, don't know of other
> platforms)

> 3.0 for its triggers and procedures (I suppose ,as an example, that
> these will permit me to implement stuff like modification date,
> creation date)

yes

> What I am still looking into (so maybe this is already possible and I
> haven' t found it yet):
>
> € connection based variables, something like a temp system table only
> addressable for the specific connection where variables can be stored
> as long as the connection is alive.
> These variables should be useable by the procedures. (this is stuff I
> could do with ColdFusion Server)

We have them in 3.0,
But still have todo yet here.

In our WIKI - SQL Reference there is about SET PROPERTY command for
different level objects. We need make sure that all this work for 3.0

> Only dreaming

Dream is almost here :-)

Guys, I think we will spend yet few days to improve 2.5 line
And get 2.5.9 build

After this I think we will stop work on 2.x and will start produce 3.0
betas.

How it sounds ?

Support both branches in the same time is too hard and time consuming.
Right now I keep at least 2 computers for main branch, while other
developers work in 3.0 branch. But I also want participate in 3.0 :-)))