CHANGES for V4MD, VCOM, V4REV WIN 2.5.8 [VCOM 2.5.8] Unable to register vcom.dll

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 21 01:06:05 CDT 2007

On 21/3/07 7:49 AM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

Hi Joakim,

> Hmmm, just found out that the folder Microsoft.VC80.CRT now is needed when
> installing app that uses vcom.dll :-(
>
> This should be be added to the Readme.doc and VCOM.pdf!!!
>
> Does vcom.dll need these files in this folder explicit? I guess normally
> these files goes into system32 when installed by other apps...

Right.

As ChangeLog and letter about 2.5.8 say:
    now these 4 products are built with Visual 2005 instead of 2003.

This means that they now depend not on MSVCR71.DLL runtime libraries
But on few collected in the folder Microsoft.VC80.CRT

So according to rule:
    "you need copy ALL items of VComponents into MyApp.exe folder"

Yes you need correct your Windows installers when you prepare deployment
archive.