NEW WIKI page about Database Schema migration

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 28 09:30:02 CDT 2007

On 28/6/07 5:15 PM, "Jochen Kötter" <jochen-koetter at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Jochen,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Congratulation! It's a nice Site!
> I noticed a litte mistake. The method 'OpenDatabase' requires a
> boolean. In the 'Class Style' you don't use the return value.

Good eye.

I have made it on start of page, just in case...
But later do not see in use.
So I can remove it

> One question about the Class Style in 3.1:
> Did I read right ?

> If I use in ConvertSchema_1_2 the reference to the unknown tbl...
> Valentina will convert my Structure-classes when opening my Subclass-
> db afterwards??

NO of course.

How Valentina plugin can convert REALbasic CLASSES which are written by you
and compiled ?

Its impossible of course.

Page says (or try to say :-)

    that ConvertSchema_1_2() method must correct tables on disk,
    so they start correspond to YOUR NEW classes.

> btw, what kind are the values I get with VarraySet.ItemAt - are these
> OIDs ?

No, its RecID  (ULONG Integer)

> With iter. Firstitem i.E. I get RecIDs, is this correct?

yes