NEW WIKI page about Database Schema migration

Jochen Kötter jochen-koetter at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 09:40:06 CDT 2007

Am 28.06.2007 um 16:30 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 28/6/07 5:15 PM, "Jochen Kötter" <jochen-koetter at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Jochen,
>
>> Hi Ruslan,
>>
>> Congratulation! It's a nice Site!
>> I noticed a litte mistake. The method 'OpenDatabase' requires a
>> boolean. In the 'Class Style' you don't use the return value.
>
> Good eye.
>
> I have made it on start of page, just in case...
> But later do not see in use.
> So I can remove it
>
>> One question about the Class Style in 3.1:
>> Did I read right ?
>
>> If I use in ConvertSchema_1_2 the reference to the unknown tbl...
>> Valentina will convert my Structure-classes when opening my Subclass-
>> db afterwards??
>
> NO of course.

Sorry, I'm yet a Noobie :-)
I missunderstanded  ' ... so all CLASSES in your code strictly
corresponds to the database structure.' and found no hint, that the
classes have to be updated.
Perhaps you should complement this - we noobies often mistake
make terrible mistakes :-)

Thank you, Ruslan

Jochen