Feature request: Collation settings on connection level

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 19 04:16:17 CDT 2007

On 19/6/07 12:04 PM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

> The last sentence is exactly the point I'm and I think Bart is
> talking about. I have
>
> 1 VServer created with "my" collation settings and 10 users, but
>
> 3 from Spain
> 3 from USA
> 4 from Germany
>
> and the germans want a german sort order, the spain their common and
> of course the USA boys their while all connected to the same server
> and the same db.

STOP !!!

So they all 3 WATCH into the same Table Person ?

And this table contains what?
    MIXED three human languages?

And German user later do SELECT of all records and want GERMAN order?
    but what this German ORDER means for Spain or USA names?

Or your German user SELECT only German records and then want sort them?
    i.e. You keep in the same table THREE sets of names,
    but each user uses only OWN set of records ??
    Then may be to have 3 tables?