Can't load VShared_Win32_Release_VC.dll

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sat Jun 16 21:40:19 CDT 2007

On Saturday, June 16, 2007 steve at steve-albin.com (Steve Albin) wrote:

>>I've manually went through my hard drive and deleted any files I could find that are contained in
>>the VComponents folder except for the ones in the folder that contains my app.  I've rebooted over
>>and over.  I'm still getting the "Can't load VShared_Win32_Release_VC.dll" message when trying to
>>start my app.
>>
>>I'm running my Windows environment on a Mac using Parallels. I have an alternate Windows
>>environment that I don't use often and had never had Valentina 3 on it.  I moved my app and the
>>VComponents folder to that Windows environment and it works fine.  So, I know that my app is not
>>the problem.
>>
>>My knowledge of Windows is rudimentary at best.  Is there anything else I can do to debug the
>>environment that won't run my app?
>>
>>Steve
>>

>Following up to my own post, I thought it interesting that I also tried to install VStudio 3.0.1 on
>my Windows machine, but starting that program give me an error that says: "This application has
>failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.  Reinstalling the application
>may fix this problem."
>
>And then Parallels crashed....  Well, maybe there are problems with my Windows installation...
>

>Steve

Following up to my own post once again...

Windows has this interesting feature that lets you restore the system to a previous date.  I arbitrarily restored my Windows environment back two weeks and now my apps run fine.  This is fine for me because I only use Windows to test web pages and Valentina apps.  If this happens to one of my users, I'm screwed....

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/