Can't load VShared_Win32_Release_VC.dll

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sat Jun 16 20:29:55 CDT 2007

On Saturday, June 16, 2007 steve at steve-albin.com (Steve Albin) wrote:

>I've manually went through my hard drive and deleted any files I could find that are contained in
>the VComponents folder except for the ones in the folder that contains my app.  I've rebooted over
>and over.  I'm still getting the "Can't load VShared_Win32_Release_VC.dll" message when trying to
>start my app.
>
>I'm running my Windows environment on a Mac using Parallels. I have an alternate Windows
>environment that I don't use often and had never had Valentina 3 on it.  I moved my app and the
>VComponents folder to that Windows environment and it works fine.  So, I know that my app is not
>the problem.
>
>My knowledge of Windows is rudimentary at best.  Is there anything else I can do to debug the
>environment that won't run my app?
>
>Steve

Following up to my own post, I thought it interesting that I also tried to install VStudio 3.0.1 on my Windows machine, but starting that program give me an error that says: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.  Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

And then Parallels crashed....  Well, maybe there are problems with my Windows installation...

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/