FIXED: no June demo license

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 10 17:05:31 CDT 2007

On 11/6/07 12:48 AM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I figured out that the database name is not one file ending in .vdb
> instead it is several inside a folder (I tried to get Valentina studio
> to make it one file and had no luck).
>
> So I solved that problem and am connecting ok but now find out that
> trevor's example file doesn't work with valentina as it should. I get
>
>  Error: The field "ID" is not able to point to the "RecipeID" field
> because of ptr-field type.

I assume this is about Primary Key and Foreign Keys

>From Errors.xml

<SQLSTATE name="81508">
     <DESCRIPTION>ERR_LINK_BAD_PTR_TYPE</DESCRIPTION>
      <MESSAGE>The field &quot;%S&quot; is not able to point to the
&quot;%S&quot; field because of ptr-field type.</MESSAGE>
</SQLSTATE>

This is only place in Valentina engine related to this error

    VALUE_CATEGORY keyCat = inKey->get_Value()->get_Category();
    VALUE_CATEGORY ptrCat = inPtr->get_Value()->get_Category();
    FIELD_TYPE ptrType = inPtr->get_Type();

    if( keyCat !=  ptrCat || ptrType == kTypeObjectPtr || ptrType ==
kTypeObjectsPtr )
        throw( xLinkError( ERR_LINK_BAD_PTR_TYPE, inPtr->get_Name().c_str(),
inKey->get_Name().c_str() ) );

I do not think that Trevors example has ObjectPtr fields.

So it sounds like example has in one table PK of e..g string field,
but FK field is of e.g INTEGER  type

We think that this is error case.