Valentina Studio complains and our plans // [V4RB] Studio error message

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Sun Jul 15 17:15:32 CDT 2007

On 16/07/2007, at 7:54 AM, Charles Yeomans wrote:

> Unfortunately I experienced quite a few crashes with the current
> version of VStudio.  I reported a few yesterday , but none has been
> fixed yet :)
That's weird as this is the first version of VStudio I've used that
hasn't caused me problems - well, aside from the non-scrolling header
bug. And I've probably done more with VStudio in the past 2 weeks
than in the past 6 months - it's open pretty much all day.  I'm
curious where people are having problems.

> I agree.  I dislike the current behavior of VStudio that causes it
> to attempt to open databases that were open when VStudio last quit.
I have a database which automatically opens on every vStudio launch.
I also have one which I have to manually open every time (I have no
idea why they're different). Having to open it manually every time is
more annoying for me.

>> 2) but just QUITE of Vstudio and then start it again and this
>> cause -61 ??
>>     I have never see and never hear about such trouble
>>     Please describe steps more detailed.
>> Perhaps you recall that we have seen -61 errors with VStudio some
>> months ago.  People would open a database connection to VServer
>> using VStudio, switch to another app, then switch back.  I do not
>> know whether this is related.  I will see whether I can reproduce it.
I get -61 errors when opening a local db in my app and vStudio but
I've never seen it with VServer - that's with both VServer and
VStudio running on OSX.

cheers

kim