Valentina Studio complains and our plans // [V4RB] Studio error message

Charles Yeomans charles at declareSub.com
Sun Jul 15 16:54:32 CDT 2007

On Jul 15, 2007, at 3:05 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 15/7/07 8:23 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi People,
>
> Well, after reading all these complains, we decide here, that we
> need direct
> efforts of ALL our major Valentina-team developers to polish/test/
> improve
> Valentina Studio.
>
> So far it seems we have new user of Valentina William, which
> complains a
> lots. And somebody else?
>
> As I see most other old developers do not say that it crashes each
> minute
> :-)

Unfortunately I experienced quite a few crashes with the current
version of VStudio.  I reported a few yesterday , but none has been
fixed yet :)

> So I want better understand where and why William have troubles.
>
>> Charles
>>
>> Did you report that to Mantis (it sounds like you can describe it
>> better than me)? I would really like to see some of these problems
>> resolved. Especially the ones that make it impossible to do something
>> without a crash.
>
>>> This error is Mac OS error -61, /*write permissions error*/.  If you
>>> quit VStudio while a local db is open, it will attempt to open it
>>> again next time you launch VStudio.  If the db file is already open,
>>> then you will get this error when you try to close the db in
>>> VStudio.  I've found this behavior of VStudio to be most annoying
>>> when working with VServer.
>
> Hmm Charles, this sounds strange.
>
> 1) it is RIGHT that if db on disk is opened by Valentina Server,
> then you
> should not try open it by Valentina Studio on OS X.

I agree.  I dislike the current behavior of VStudio that causes it to
attempt to open databases that were open when VStudio last quit.

> 2) but just QUITE of Vstudio and then start it again and this cause
> -61 ??
>     I have never see and never hear about such trouble
>     Please describe steps more detailed.

Perhaps you recall that we have seen -61 errors with VStudio some
months ago.  People would open a database connection to VServer using
VStudio, switch to another app, then switch back.  I do not know
whether this is related.  I will see whether I can reproduce it.

Charles Yeomans