thedocumentationhypelinks

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Jul 6 17:49:54 CDT 2007

Hi Barry,

as mentioned previously, perhaps you asked the wrong questions.

On 2007-07-07, at 00:08, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:

> ... documentation hyperlinks regarding this exception:
> ERR_INTERNAL_DEMO_TIMEOUT (coding)

Q: What is the meaning of "ERR_INTERNAL_DEMO_TIMEOUT" and when does
it occur?

A: Valentina Server or Applications build using local Valentina APIs
knows several different license types. The one provided at first is a
demo licence with some restrictions, especially a timeout after 10
Minutes of usage. If this happen and you're using REALbasic, then
this exception is thrown. You need to handle it in your code like any
other REALbasic exception.

> ... documentation hyperlinks regarding (coding) license time out
> issues

Q: What's about a time out when using a demo license?

A: The only restriction when using a demo licence key or demo licence
file is that the Valentina stops responsing after 10 Minutes of
usage. You need a proper licence file or licence key for the used
version to get rid of this demo license timeout.

> ... documentation hyperlinks regarding kernel_errors.xml (coding)

Q: Where do I find kernel_errors.xml and what does this file do?

A: You can find this file on Mac OS X inside the VServer_Office.app
bundle in the path Contents / VComponents / VRressources / English or
an analog path on Windows or when using the API.

In this file there is a xml-structure for mapping internal error
codes (51506) to a name  (called description)
"ERR_DATABASE_ALREADY_EXISTS" and a short explanation "Database "
%S" already exists." This file is used to display meaningful
error-messages to a user and furthermore to do a localization on
error-messages.

IMHO the error names stand for it's own. If you get an error and you
don't understand it, then you perhaps should send a specific mail
about it.

> ... documentation hyperlinks regarding serial numbers
> from v1.1 NOT working in v3.1 - (discussion or coding)

Q: Do my Valentina V1.1. serial still work in v3.1?

A: NO - sorry! The main version changes are always paid upgrades.
You'll receive a free new serial, if you've got a valid maintenance
contract. Please check the Valentina Store for further details http://
www.valentina-db.com/en/store

regards

Thorsten Hohage