Trap Valentina license time limit - where is thedocumentationhypelinks - LOL, can we take a good ribbing?

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Jul 6 18:06:21 CDT 2007

Hi Barry,

some last comments on this topic

On 2007-07-07, at 00:08, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:
> I'm asking for user contributions because the support from the quick
> paradigm replies do not answer my questions.
> So I'm not sure why we keep mentioning to ask paradigm support.
* Because they are paid for doing support on Valentina topics, the
"user" on this list not.
* Because they could look in their internal docs, check the code, ...
* Because they have a much wider experience in answering questions

If the given support is not enough, then you perhaps should get in
contact with Lynn and discuss support options with him, instead of
permanently requesting more contribution from other "users". A good
"quick reply" is what I expect to get from this list when asking a
question, pointing me in the right direction, nothing more.

> Yes, well regrettably I did put it down because I wasn't making any
> headway.
> I have an absolutely brilliant boss who has shown incredible
> patience with
> my huge learning curve and has encouraged me to return to Valentina.
That's good to hear? But to be honest, what is your database
experience before using Valentina? IMHO there is really no hugh
learning curve in using Valentina, Hibernate, Apple WebObjects,
WebSphere that are beasts with hugh learning curves!

> No problem with you writing this.  I've had better experience
> simple because
> there is a decent search engine where people have already answered in
> detail.
Perhaps you should adjust your keywords, or simply there was no
answer in detail, because it was not needed before.

> Have you seen all the different license options and versions?
Yes - where is the problem?

> Who could keep up with all that?
Perhaps you should asked Lynn on this topic and request a in depth
explanation of the possibilities to spend money on Valentina.

> Just in case it does matter we are fully licensed ADK for RB users.
With running maintenance? Then you must get a new serial for 3.1
belonging your timeout issues.

> No, I'm not expected better support because we have paid licenses.
I do! If I spend money I'll expect it. Otherwise why should I spend
money?

>> I'm looking for coding support.  i.e. exact hyperlinks or responses
>> for
>> better coding examples etc.
> IMHO there is a difference between "coding support" and a friendly
> and helpful mailing-list. The later are for helping with "issues" in
> mutuality, the first is more a on-site-consultancy via email.
>
> Happy to disagree there.  You get it where you can.  Who has time to
> differentiate?

Who has time to do not? I need to pay my bills next month, you
mentioned above you've got a "boss" but I'm my own boss and I need to
decide where to spend my time. You seeing this topic from consuming
side, I do from contribution!

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--