Paradigma Wants You - Valentina Community Server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 1 07:37:34 CDT 2007

On 1/7/07 9:02 AM, "Lynn Fredricks" <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

>> I'll restate what I said ages ago. I think PHP should be
>> included in the server price and the connections *shouldn't*
>> count towards the server connection limit.

Again, PHP Client right now is FREE.

You have VDN with V4RB, but you right now can download e.g. V4MD or VNET and
use that products as CLIENTS to your Valentina Server for FREE.

But yes, your Valentina Embedded Server will count them as USERS.

>> It makes it impossible to accurately determine how many connections to a
>> server are needed and I don't know of any other DB vendor that does it this
>> way.

No, Kim, most simply set price at a lots of $$$ PER SERVER !!!

For example, MS SQL Serer $4000-8000, Oracle/Sybase 10-15K.
MySQL way 495 EUR PER SERVER PER YER.

>> I could have a perfectly operating
>> web site which gets mentioned on slashdot and suddenly my
>> database refuses connections. Looks bad for me AND the
>> database vendor.

Kim, Kim, Kim !!!!

VDN -- is not intended for WEB sites !!!
    it is in the first turn for APPLICATION Developers !!!!!

Remember I told hundreds times on all list?
    Application developer wan develop APPLICATION,
    bundle it with VSERVER and deploy hundreds and thousands of copies.

But WEB site usually is NOT deployed by hundreds of copies. Right?
So for SINGLE copy product you can use just Valentina Office Server.

And now, SMILE, if you think about setup for 1000 your customers 1000 WEB
sites, you can do this for FREE using Valentina Community Server UNLIMITED.
Right?

Is this good?  We think this is GREAT opportunity now.

Actually if you ask, why only linux, I can answer -- this is start.
We do not see problems do the same step for MAC and Windows,because WEB
sites in 95% case-sensitive  as I know are on linux.

>> And what is the standalone PHP on the website? - the links
>> are broken and they're not mentioned anywhere on the info page.
>
> Ill have to check with Ruslan on this -- that doesn't sound right. Ruslan?

I will check links asap,

But again, PHP STANDALONE, this is NOT for WEB sites actually.
This is kind of ADK like e.g. V4RB/V4MD/VNET.

You can use to develop something on PHP without Valentina Server.

Archive of VPHP Standalone include not only Vclient.dll,
But all engine dll, so it is bigger on size.

-----
We was asked first time develop VPHP Standalone by developer,
Which was going to use PHP and ADO DB, to provide single code for both LOCAL
and REMOTE dbs. But he was need use
    PHP + SQL Lite      for LOCAL
    PHP + mySQL         for REMOTE

This is not comfortable of course. Now they can use single Valentina
solution.

-----
Although Thorsten did point that PHP Standalone in theory allow use it on
ISP servers, that do not want setup Valentina Server.