V4MD - going from v1 to v2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 22 15:49:34 CST 2007

On 22/1/07 10:54 PM, "Scott Runkel" <srunkel at hypix.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid I can't find the following in the docs.
>
> What is the replacement for the following command:
>
>     getMedia(cursor, "item_media", member "TEXT:Current Item Text")

> The media in question, in case it matters, is a Director #text castmember
> (richtext).

I am sure it is in VField Xtra

> I strongly recommend that you include in your documentation at least one
> mention
> of each "old" method and its replacement. You could do it in the same section
> as
> the replacement.

We have this for RB users, far ago.
Because RB developers really often did convert old projects.

With V4MD users we did not see such wave.
It seems Director users usually develop something, drop it on CD/DVD,
An forget forever :-)

This is why we do not have such map for V4MD.

You seems to be one of first who try convert CODE from V4MD1

> It could just say, "replaces getRecordCount". That way, if
> someone searches for "getRecordCount", they will find that reference and
> immediately see how to update their code. As it is, one has to search around
> and try to figure it out without guidance.  :-)

May be RB page can help somehow.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:v4rb:manual:convert_1_2