V4MD - going from v1 to v2

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Mon Jan 22 16:27:06 CST 2007

> I am sure it is in VField Xtra

OK, I see getMedia but the doc is contradictory to itself. It says:
===========================
getMedia( any inCastMember )       <=== castmember
Parameter: Description:
inCastMember A cast member in which to put media.
Returns: VOID

Copies the content of a BLOB field to the specified Director cast member.
Example:

fldBLOB.getMedia( theCursor )    <=== cursor
============================
So what are the parameters? Cursor or castmember, or both?

> With V4MD users we did not see such wave.
> It seems Director users usually develop something, drop it on CD/DVD,
> An forget forever :-)
> You seems to be one of first who try convert CODE from V4MD1

That's funny. We have repeating projects. Some are 2x/year, some are annual,
some are every 3 years, some are every 5 years. This an every-3-year project.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology
Hypix Media, Inc.