V4MD - going from v1 to v2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 22 14:13:55 CST 2007

On 22/1/07 9:56 PM, "Scott Runkel" <srunkel at hypix.com> wrote:

Hi Scott,

> I'm moving an existing Director Valentina v1 project to Valentina v2. I'm very
> frustrated but trying to contain my frustration in hopes that this upgrade
> won't
> get any more annoying than it already is.
>
> 1. Is there any documentation about what specific v1 commands have been
> discontinued and replaced with v2 commands? For example, getRecordCount seems
> to no longer work, replaced by cursor.recordCount. Same with getField.

> 2. It appears that this same change in syntax has occurred for every function.

Yes, V4MD 2 was designed to provide much better OO design.

If in V4MD1 there was only 2 Xtras, now we have many,
So we have in V4MD structure of classes much more similar to

> Is this an accurate assessment? The reason I ask is, I've got a lot of code to
> be changed if that's the case.

Yes you need change code.

Most changes are simple and are just find/replace
May be find/replace using REGEX (if director allow this).