V4MD - going from v1 to v2

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Mon Jan 22 13:56:23 CST 2007

Hi,

I'm moving an existing Director Valentina v1 project to Valentina v2. I'm very
frustrated but trying to contain my frustration in hopes that this upgrade won't
get any more annoying than it already is.

1. Is there any documentation about what specific v1 commands have been
discontinued and replaced with v2 commands? For example, getRecordCount seems to
no longer work, replaced by cursor.recordCount. Same with getField.

2. It appears that this same change in syntax has occurred for every function.
Is this an accurate assessment? The reason I ask is, I've got a lot of code to
be changed if that's the case.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology