Using with Realbasic standard, Windows.

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Sat Jan 13 07:06:01 CST 2007

On 10/1/07 11:29 PM, "Shawn Giese" <shawngiese at sirkevi.com> wrote:

Hi Shawn,

> Hello,
> I have tried downloading your application kit (cheapest version for
> Realbasic) but I cannot get any of the examples to run.  Sometimes they
> compile and crash, sometimes they wont compile because they say there are
> missing methods.
>
> I tried the not-so-obvious trick of making a special file in the plugins
> directory to supposedly allow the use of the Valentina plugin but still no
> luck.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Shawn Giese
> Realbasic Standard 2007r1

Well, I have did next on my Windows:

* install REALBasic Standard 2006 r4

* install latest V4RB 2.5.3

* during install I have choose folder plugins, so
    it have install it as

        REALBasic/plugins/V4RB_2
        REALBasic/plugins/V4RB_2/Examples
        REALBasic/plugins/V4RB_2/V4RB.rbx

* I have made new file
        REALBasic/plugins/DisableRBDB

* run REALbasic, open ANY example, in particular
       V4RB_2/Examples/Api_way/Records_AddDeleteUpdate

    - run it from IDE, yes complains on PRO features, but no crashes.
        it just runs and work.

    * make BUILD of this project (before set to Windows target)
        it make EXE, run it, again complain on PRO features,
        but works fine.

* To remove complain about PRO features I have quite REALBasic,
    and simply have copy V4RB.rbx into plugins folder directly.

        REALBasic/plugins/V4RB_2
        REALBasic/plugins/V4RB_2/Examples
        REALBasic/plugins/V4RB.rbx
        REALBasic/plugins/DisableRBDB