Valentina2 and V4RB

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 12 17:07:49 CST 2007

On 13/1/07 12:00 AM, "Michael Krugman" <amacdr at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

> Hi:
>
> I recently updated my database from v1 to v2 and all is working very
> well.  I have a question concerning display.  I display records in a
> listbox, one line for each record.  All of this works perfectly.
> Now, for the question..let's assume for this example there is a
> server with one client.  Someone adds a record on the client, and the
> record adds with no problem.  I need the record to "update" on the
> server as well.  In other words, if someone adds a record on one
> computer, that record must be immediately visible.  Currently, the
> only way the record updates is if I close my app and reopen it.
> Hopefully I explained this so you understand what I need.  Thank you
> for the help.

We do not have yet call-back mechanism when server can notify client on some
event. This require more complex protocol and client.
    client must have 2 sockets,
    and 2 threads

So for now only way recognize this - is refresh a cursor on client1.

To refresh it you need do SqlSelect() again.
May be you can make this in a smart way, for example, at first query to
server as
    SELECT count(*)
    from T
    WHERE ....
    // no need for ORDER BY never

Then compare if record count was changed then only kill old cursor and build
a new one.