Sort using system settings (Mac OS X)

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Dec 9 10:34:54 CST 2007

Hi Jda,

Am 09.12.2007 um 16:33 schrieb jda:

> One of my Swedish users tells me that this is the correct sort
> order for these characters in Swedish:
>
> A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V,
> W, X, Y, Z, Å, Ä, Ö
>
> But even if I tell System Preferences (International) to use
> Swedish sorting I get, for example
>
> O Ö P
>
> (should be O P Ö).
>
> If you set the sort to Swedish ordering, what do you see?

O Ö P IS the correct order. Why do you thing it should be O P Ö? This
is a plain ascii sorting. The first ordering is the result of the ICU
library. Have a look at http://www.icu-project.org/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.