Sort using system settings (Mac OS X)

jda jda at his.com
Sun Dec 9 09:33:03 CST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Beatrix Willius wrote:

> my application uses
>
>  ValentinaDB.CollationAttribute(EVColAttribute.kStrength) =
> EVColAttributeValue.kSecondary
>  ValentinaDB.CollationAttribute(EVColAttribute.kCaseFirst) =
> EVColAttributeValue.kLowerFirst
>
> How do you sort?

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I don't set kCaseFirst because all sorts are ascending for me (the
default). I have used both

ValentinaDB.CollationAttribute(EVColAttribute.kStrength) =
EVColAttributeValue.kSecondary

and

ValentinaDB.CollationAttribute(EVColAttribute.kStrength) =
EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary

with similar results.

Here's a real world example.

One of my Swedish users tells me that this is the correct sort order
for these characters in Swedish:

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W,
X, Y, Z, Å, Ä, Ö

But even if I tell System Preferences (International) to use Swedish
sorting I get, for example

O Ö P

(should be O P Ö).

If you set the sort to Swedish ordering, what do you see?

Jon