Need a mentor for V4REV...

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun Aug 26 11:11:53 CDT 2007

> JC> 3. Would someone please explain to me why there are so
> many releases
> JC> of V4REV?  It seems as though every week there is a new version.

There's typically a point update every few months. It might seem a lot
compared to IDE updates from vendors like Runtime, REAL Software (or for
Pete's sake, Adobe!), but priorities are significantly different.

Our project and development team reviews customer feedback from Mantis,
test, improve and integrate fixes and minor features - then we release them.
A lot of these are at the interface level - how Valentina integrates with
various tools, frameworks and operating system updates. Any improvement at
the kernel level is "felt" by everyone. At the same time, we are also
pumping out examples specific to each development tool, tweaking the docs,
and more. A point release usually has some improvements in the kernel, but
there are loads that are appreciated by users of specific tools.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software