[FAQ] License files Subscription Expiration? // Server licenses -- Your 5 + 5 licenses

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Aug 11 08:18:42 CDT 2007

On 11/8/07 4:07 PM, "YSD AG" <support at ysd.ch> wrote:

Hi Fabian,

> Hello Ruslan
>
> Many thanks for your effort. Works!
>
> 2 Questions:
>
> 1) Do you think that you have a Generator ready for Windows until the end of
> this month, so we can buy and sell additional licences?

MAC OS version already works. I have use it.
Windows almost ready -- testing it now.

> 2) In the server log file I read that the licence is valid until 3007-08-11
> and Subscription is valid until 2009-04-10.

Note 3007 -- this is kind of UNLIMITED in time :-)
               1000 years forward okay I think, yes?

> Does this mean, that the licences are time limited and I have to
> rebuy/resell new files after the 3009-04-10???

* VDN has subscription period 2 years, as you know.
This means this during 2 years you can use any new builds of Valentina
products for FREE.

* After subscription expires, such LICENSE or SERIAL will not be accepted by
newer builds AFTER that date. But you still can use LATEST build BEFORE this
date. And you can use it forever.

Assume latest build in 2009-04-10 will be v5.3.
So you can use your license files with v5.3,
But they will not work with e.g. v5.4 and 5.5.

So short answer is:
    *YES* you will need rebuy-resale new license files to your customers,
    IF and only IF you want start to use v 5.5.

    *NO* if you want continue to use latest v5.3 build.

You will get then NEW license_emb file which now you should distribute with
VServer_Embedded installer v5.5 to your users.

MOST PROBABLY you will produce some NEW version of YOUR product on that
time.

** How to explain to your users that they need pay again for additional
connections?

    EASY: this is similar as if they have Oracle 9, and now they want
        upgrade to Oracle 10 or 11. Does this require from them payment?
        Yes.