V4MD : Connecting to a local DB AND to a server DB possible ?

Steven Ophalvens silversoft at skynet.be
Mon Aug 13 18:31:06 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I am devellopping an e-learning tool where I need to work both with a local
database that

contains a lot of picture data (later possibly video) and a database on a
server that stores

user/teacher/Group/test/etc information. The reason I do not want all that
multimedia

data on the server DB, is because I fear that when classrooms of students
all work with

this tool, the network might quickly be an ugly bottleneck (and I won't
suffice with the

5 connections of the embedded server anymore).

I can connect to the server DB and I can connect to the local DB, but as
soon as I try to

Connect to the server after I connected to the local db,  again, all kinds
of problems start.

(director quitting after displaying that an error has occured is one of
them)

Is it possible with V4MD to connect to a local and to a server DB ? If so,
what are the caveats?

Thanks in advance,

Steven Ophalvens