Welcome to Valentina Developer Network!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Aug 11 03:55:38 CDT 2007

On 10/8/07 1:20 PM, "danhc at mail.dk" <danhc at mail.dk> wrote:

Hi Dan,

> I have received my serial number Thank You.
>
> But I cant get in touch with the server.
> I am just trying to run it local
>  I can see in Consol that it is running and has registered with Bonjour
>
> But trying to open with VConnection( Localhost, sa,sa ) Askes to try and check
> portnumber and username password, and "LocateBonjourService" Just doesn't find
> it
>

> I am running Mac OSX 10.4.10
>  Real Basic 2006 r4
>
> Can You help me

Okay, so you try connect to your
    Valentina Office Server (after upgrade to new license)
    with help of V4RB.

1) first of all it need make sure that Valentina Office Server is running.
    You should see it Activity Monitor
    or you can see in /Library/Vserver_Office its log file.

Btw, you can find useful learn how to start Valentina Office Server from
terminal to see its log in LIVE MODE. Also useful set VerboseLevel = 3
during development.

2) also you can run Valentina Studio and see your Vserver in first column
via bonjour.  You can try connect by double click on this icon in first
column, then enter into dialog sa/sa   and connect.

    works?

3) Now come to V4RB.
        VConnection( Localhost, sa,sa )

Actually should be double quotes
        VConnection( "Localhost", "sa", "sa" )

You can also try open any V4RB example, setup It to work with localhost
vserver (for this go to ExampleTools module in project and set in code
gClient = true).

Does Examples work find? If yes then you can check code to see how it
connects.

4) did you make
    Valentina.InitClient() ?