Vista OS

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun Aug 5 10:44:52 CDT 2007

> >We self yet work on Win XP.
>
> Are there any V4RB developers out there that can confirm a
> working app on Vista?
>
> Is there a plan for Paradigma Software to test on Vista?
>
> Seems that it shouldn't make a difference between XP and
> Vista for our apps, but stranger things have happened.

Right now we test with several operating systems and some like Vista will
get a lot more love in the future.

When it comes to V4RB, it's a good idea to touch base with other developers
that are also using the same plugins (not just V4RB) that you are. There is
a healthy supply of plugins available now for REALbasic, but some receive
little testing or conflict with each other or versions of REALbasic. I think
REALbasic itself has been tested fairly thoroughly on Vista but its very
likely that REAL hasn't added in the top 20 plugins and see what blows up. I
know of at least one Valentina user that is moving to a new development
environment for exactly this reason.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President