How to get some bonjour information

Bernet, Eytan eytan_bernet at mcgraw-hill.com
Mon Apr 16 18:10:16 CDT 2007

Here is what I am trying to do. Please add some insight if this sounds like
the way you might do it:

I start up my application and get a list of Bonjour Valentina servers

If they have distinct names, I check each one against the value in the local
server .ini file to figure out which one is "me" because that is the one I
want to connect to by default

If they have duplicate names, which I can tell by them having numbers in
parentheses after them, I prompt the user to rename the local server and
then I restart the server with the new settings.

Is there a relatively easy way to get the .ini value? It would be really
nice if I could get the bonjour name of the server at localhost - is there a
way to do that?

I imagine I will still have to get to the .ini file, because currently there
are no selectors to change the BonjourServiceName nor to get it for the
localhost. That would make things MUCH easier....

Eytan