cursor.UpdateRecord

Bill Mounce BillMounce at Comcast.net
Mon Apr 16 18:47:27 CDT 2007

I have found out a little more about the cursor.Update not working.
As it turns out, I can't update any data from within code now. I can
from Studio, but from code the information is lost. The strange thing
is that if I change the data, update, and re-search for the same
data, I see the changed information. However, if I quit my app and
come back, the data is not changed.  Here is my code. Is there any
other information I can check for?

I even cloned the database and ran all the checks and it is okay.

mInflected is the database
curInflected is the cursor I am trying to update.

Bill

   if mInflected.IsOpen = false then
     msgbox "You must have the inflected database open first."
     return
   end if

   if mInflected.IsReadOnly = true then
     msgbox "The database is read only."
     return
   end if

   if curInflected.IsReadOnly then
     msgbox "Cursor is read only"
     return
   end if

   if curInflected = nil then
     msgbox "The cursor is not available."
     return
   end if

   collectPanes              // Read data from panes to the fields of
the table

   try
     curInflected.UpdateRecord
   catch err as VException
     msgbox "There was an error saving this update."
   end