Bonjour and finding server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 16 13:36:30 CDT 2007

On 16/4/07 8:37 PM, "Bernet, Eytan" <eytan_bernet at mcgraw-hill.com> wrote:

Hi Eytan,

> My bigger concern is distinguishing from each server, so the issue I first
> spoke about is paramount. When the machines have the same name, I am NOT
> seeing the names with parentheses returned by " locateBonjourService"

Mantis it with instructions to reproduce

* take 2 computers
* set in the ini file this and that
* run 2 vserver on 2 computers. ... AND ...

> Additionally, the bug I had reported and had been fixed has returned -
> apostrophes are returned as "’" - can that be looked at? By default Macs
> name the machine name as "<username>'s Computer". Lastly, I am not seeing
> the PC on the network - note that PCs in our office do show up in iTunes, so
> I know Bonjour services are working.

You mean you do not see Vservers from WIN ???????
I see them here.

> The reason I would like the IP address was laid out in my March 22nd email.

> Because of the possibility of someone changing the identity of their
> computer, I want to attempt to connect to the same IP and I would like to
> store the IP. I imagine I could require unique naming for all machines if
> all else fails.

THIS IS WRONG IDEA.

Please read about Bonjour ideas on developer.apple.com

They say explicitly -- NEVER STORE direct IP.