Bonjour and finding server

Bernet, Eytan eytan_bernet at mcgraw-hill.com
Mon Apr 16 12:37:36 CDT 2007

My bigger concern is distinguishing from each server, so the issue I first
spoke about is paramount. When the machines have the same name, I am NOT
seeing the names with parentheses returned by " locateBonjourService"
Additionally, the bug I had reported and had been fixed has returned -
apostrophes are returned as "’" - can that be looked at? By default Macs
name the machine name as "<username>'s Computer". Lastly, I am not seeing
the PC on the network - note that PCs in our office do show up in iTunes, so
I know Bonjour services are working.

The reason I would like the IP address was laid out in my March 22nd email.
Because of the possibility of someone changing the identity of their
computer, I want to attempt to connect to the same IP and I would like to
store the IP. I imagine I could require unique naming for all machines if
all else fails.

Thank You
Eytan