V4REV and CGI

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Sep 9 13:27:21 CDT 2006

On 9/9/06 12:08 PM, "medips" <medips at mac.com> wrote:

> I intend to purchase a VDN 4-years for REV but wont do it before I
> can get Valentina (XCMD and )

Then you talk about Valentina 2.
And more correct to use the name "V4REV".
XCMD - was used for v1.

> working the way I need it, of  course..., i.e.:

> 1.- with Rev CGI under MacOSX (in such a case only the Revolution
> engine is executed without any user interface windows,

> which means  that the usual installation does not work and it seems that
> nobody  knows how an external library can be loaded with the Rev engine).

Okay, I see, so you want to run engine of revolution on OS X server,
And use revolution language for CGI (like other people use e.g. PHP)

> 2.- easy server deploiement and others: this fits okay yet.

Yes I think it is okay now. If you have ideas how to improve - lets us know.

> 3.- still hesitation because Valentina is not ACID compliant.

Transactions we start right after 2.5 release,
And they will be introduced in 3.0 like main new feature.
We already have develop draft of ideas how to implement them.

> Point 1 is a must (CGI without a DB access has not intersting
> limitations...).

Of ocurse.

> Discussions on the Revolution lists have not given
> the solution and alas Runrev is just silent on the topic.

Well, I think this is question first of all to Revolution developers.

Lynn, Kevin, Mark, if needed lets do some chat to discuss this issue.

In fact I'd assume that engine itself use the same rules to work with
externals. I do not see any reason why REV engine without GUI part should
work with externals in any other way...

Kevin, Mark?